Location: Snake River behind Evan’s Trailers
Date: May 14, 2008
Time: 3:30
Temperature: 48 Degrees F
Weather: Clouds cover most of the sky
Winds: Slightly windy
Soil: Moist from the drizzle
The same goose I see every time I visit my are was swimming in the water, but there was no sing of the possible goslings. The plant life is mostly unchanged, but I assume that there will be more green around the area, taking place of dying plants that survived the winter. There seems to be some competition for food and space, two of an organisms survival needs, among the community of birds. They are not aggressively fighting for them, but they do huddle around the bird feeders. They compete among each other as a population, intraspecific competition, for food. The populations also compete among themselves for space in the trees; birds fight for space among other races, interspecific competition. When I walked close to a tree where they would be resting an entire flock of more than a dozed of birds took to the air. The light rain might make the worms underground come up. I would suppose that this would decrease the competition between birds for food. Although a bird’s niche is usually to spread seeds around, but they also keep down the populations of insects and worms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great observations especially regarding the different types of competition. Also,it was good that you tied in that the competition was lower because of the bird feeder. You could maybe start to see how humans have impacted the communities in your area!
Post a Comment